Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Windows system becomes very slow and gets struck after i start Cloudera VM

Highlighted

Windows system becomes very slow and gets struck after i start Cloudera VM

New Contributor

Hi

I am using windows 10 laptop and i have installed cloudera CDH 5.5 and using vmware player to work with hadoop. but as soon as i start the cloudera manager my whole system doesn't work and gets struck.

My system configuration is 8GB, 1 TB hardisk, intel i5 processor.

Someone please let me know of what should be done so as that it is feasible for me to work and excute and my work.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Windows system becomes very slow and gets struck after i start Cloudera VM

Community Manager

I would suggest giving our community article on installing a quickstart VM a read. The most common issue when trying to use Cloudera Manager in the VM is the amount of RAM allocated to the VM. When you say your system has 8GB of RAM, do you mean the laptop or the VM? I ask because Cloudera Manager requires the VM to have 8GB or RAM. If the laptop only has 8GB some of it is used to run the laptop itself and cannot be used in the VM and would be the cause of the issue. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

New Contributor

I also installed Cloudera quick VM latest version and configured my VM with 16GB RAM and 2 processors.

VM working fine and windows also working fine. 

Whenever I issue a Hadoop command like "Hadoop fs  -ls" its taking more than 120 seconds to get result of the command. 

I did stop cloudera manager and tried the commands. 

Can you please help me to get this issue resolved 

Thanks 

Highlighted

Community Manager

I would suggest starting a new thread on your issue @kchejerla. That way you will get more eyes on it and a better chance at a solution. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here