Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Write to HDFS/Hive

Highlighted

Write to HDFS/Hive

Explorer

Hi,

I'm using Nifi 1.6.0.

I'm trying to write to HDFS and to Hive (cloudera) with nifi.

1. On "PutHDFS" I'm configure the "Hadoop Confiugration Resources" with hdfs-site.xml, core-site.xml files, set the directories and when I'm trying to Start it I got the following error: "Failed to properly initialize processor, If still shcedule to run, NIFI will attempt to initalize and run the Processor again after the 'Administrative Yield Duration' has elapsed. Failure is due to java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.reflect.InvicationTargetException"
  2. On "PutHiveStreaming" I'm configure the "Hive Metastore URI" with thrift://..., the database and the table name and on "Hadoop Confiugration Resources" I'm put the Hive-site.xml location and when I'm trying to Start it I got the following error:"Hive streaming connect/write error, flow file will be penalized and routed to retry. org.apache.nifi.util.hive.HiveWritter$ConnectFailure: Failed connectiong to EndPoint {metaStoreUri='thrift://myserver:9083', database='mydbname', table='mytablename', partitionVals=[]}:"".

How can I solve the errors?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Write to HDFS/Hive

Expert Contributor

Do you have security enabled?

Verify if user that is running Nifi, has read permissions on all .xml configuration files.

Re: Write to HDFS/Hive

Explorer

Whats mean "Security enabled"?

Yes, the user has read permission to .xml configuration files

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here