Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

YARN application stuck in ACCEPTED state

Contributor

14621-jobstuckinacceptedstate.png

14622-defaultqinfo1.png

14623-defaultqinfo2.png

I have an application using a Hive INSERT INTO / SELECT from statement. It is stuck in ACCEPTED state. I have looked at some of the other posts. I have ruled out one potential case. There are no nodes in the cluster in an unhealthy state.

I am posting some screen shots that show the application and the queue it is assigned to.

I appreciate anyone's help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Carol Elliott,

The applications are submitted to "Default Queue". As seen in the Yarn RM UI, "Default Queue" is full and hence it doesnt have capacity to allocate for task containers. Only Application Master container is being allocated and hence the application remains in ACCEPTED state.

Please submit application to other Queue or increase capacity for Default Queue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Carol Elliott,

The applications are submitted to "Default Queue". As seen in the Yarn RM UI, "Default Queue" is full and hence it doesnt have capacity to allocate for task containers. Only Application Master container is being allocated and hence the application remains in ACCEPTED state.

Please submit application to other Queue or increase capacity for Default Queue.

Cloudera Employee

Hi,

Have you tried submitting applications to other queue? Could you tell us does it worked on other queues?  Queue.default has reached 99.7% and this may cause issues.

Thanks

AK