Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Yarn Flink taskmanagers

Yarn Flink taskmanagers

New Contributor

Hi, I´m testing Flink with Hortonworks. Actually I have 4 servers, one ResourceManager and three Nodemanagers, but when I go to Flink Application Master, only 1 TaskManager is available with 1 slot, so no parallelism is possible.

In Ambari, Flink config file: flink_numcontainers = 3

how I have to set it up to use the three taskmanagers available?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Yarn Flink taskmanagers

Explorer

Thank you for trying out Flink. Maybe there's a flaw in Hortonwork's Flink plugin. (@abajwa do you have an idea?)

Its actually quite easy to start Flink from the command line using YARN. Check out this documentation page: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/setup/yarn_setup.html#quickstart Maybe you need to set the HADOOP_CONF_DIR to point to the YARN configuration directory.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Robert. I have a yarn-flink cluster running and working fine, but the point is to test Hortonworks-Flink, with ambari managing the cluster, and here is the problem. In fact, when i run my job, in the log you can read the line: "YARN properties set default parallelism to 3", but only 1 Available task slot.

$HADOOP_CONF_DIR config is pointing to /etc/hadoop/conf/.

Highlighted

Explorer

I'm sorry that you are running into the issue. I would suggest to contact the author of the Ambari plugin to get support from there.

I'm pretty sure Flink works on Hortonworks clusters, but I can not support you with specifics of the Ambari plugin (because I didn't write it)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here