Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Yarn Resourcemanager : difference in ports in use vs. ports configured in Ambari ?!?!

Guru

Hi,

while trying to connect to RM I noticed that the configuration of YARN RM in Ambari doesn't match the actual config used by the RM. In detail:

- there is RM HA enabled in the cluster, two RM's

- HDP2.2.4, Ambari 2.1.2.1

Ambari config of YARN shows e.g. RM addresses configs like:

3575-ambari-yarn-addresses.png

But if I access the current active config by navigating to <active-rm>:8088/conf I get different ports =>

3576-effective-yarn-addresses.png

Why are there different ports in use, compared to what is configured in Ambari ?!?!

YARN has been restarted and no manual edits have been made to any xml-config files.

Thanks in advance, Gerd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Looks like that the "official YARN" ports (from here) are being applied in contrast to the configured default ports of Ambari (here).

@Artem Ervits : I think it is the same as posted here , right? Do you have an URL to the filed bug ?

For the time being I'll replace the ports in Ambari by the ones that are in use, to keep it aligned.

Thanks, Gerd

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

8032 and 8050 is an oversight, documentation team is addressing it, at least in Oozie's case

Guru

Looks like that the "official YARN" ports (from here) are being applied in contrast to the configured default ports of Ambari (here).

@Artem Ervits : I think it is the same as posted here , right? Do you have an URL to the filed bug ?

For the time being I'll replace the ports in Ambari by the ones that are in use, to keep it aligned.

Thanks, Gerd

Master Mentor

I don't, I do have a verbal from docs team and unit test from oozie also goes against 8032.

Guru

That's fine, thanks Artem.