Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Yarn queue policy

Yarn queue policy

New Contributor

Hi Team,

can i know what is the exact meaning and impact of below yarn property in the cluster? when we updated queue capacities in the cluster this property is missing in the current version compare to previous versions for a particular queue?

yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.queuename.ordering-policy=utilization

thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Yarn queue policy

Expert Contributor

@harish

There are some ordering policies to use different algorithms to decide which leaf queue should be scheduled the first. This ordering policy is set on the parent queue and its value is 'utilization' or 'priority-utilization'. (YARN-5864)
You can refer below article for more info
https://community.hortonworks.com/content/supportkb/174918/the-ordering-policy-setting-for-root-yarn...

Please accept the answer you found most useful.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hello, I would like to learn about the meaning of the "priority-utilization" ordering policy in my root queue, but at least after the Hortonworks-Cloudera fusion the referenced article is not publicly available. Do you have any other source to get such information?

New Contributor

Hi @Jagadeesan A S

thank for your information.

So do i have to update this property in schedular? I have lost this property after updating yarn queue capacities. Ambari over rided this property during refresh.Does this missing property will effect anything during running/submissions of jobs?

Expert Contributor

@harish

If you made update on that particular queue value then you can ignore it. Because yarn automatically made necessary changes after you updated that particular queue.