Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Yarn user unable to perform AM modify operation.

Highlighted

Yarn user unable to perform AM modify operation.

New Contributor

I have a pig job which runs as a step in a workflow, this has been running in a map reduce container but I recently moved it to a tez container as it's a more effecient use of system resource and the job runs faster. If I look in tez I can see the job completes sucessfully also the workflow accepts that the stage completed and moves on to the next stage in the workflow. However if I watch the containers from the Yarn ResourceManager UI I see that the pig job gets reported as killed rather than finished. On digging into the error logs it's because the Yarn user seems not to be able to modify the Tez application master , I guess it's just a permissions thing but I'm not sure how to correct this. full error attached if anyone knows how to resolve this it would be much appreceated.

2018-05-16 10:02:41,175 [WARN] [IPC Server handler 0 on 41321] |ipc.Server|: IPC Server handler 0 on 41321, call org.apache.tez.dag.api.client.rpc.DAGClientAMProtocolBlockingPB.shutdownSession from 192.168.0.25:60510 Call#2053 Retry#0 java.security.AccessControlException: User yarn (auth:SIMPLE) cannot perform AM modify operation at org.apache.tez.dag.api.client.rpc.DAGClientAMProtocolBlockingPBServerImpl.shutdownSession(DAGClientAMProtocolBlockingPBServerImpl.java:195) at org.apache.tez.dag.api.client.rpc.DAGClientAMProtocolRPC$DAGClientAMProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(DAGClientAMProtocolRPC.java:7638) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:640) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:982) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2351) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2347) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1869) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2347) 2018-05-16 10:02:41,231 [INFO] [pool-1-thread-1] |app.DAGAppMaster|: DAGAppMasterShutdownHook invoked

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here