Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Zappelin Notebook show "disconnected" on HDP 2.4 Virtual machine in Azure

Zappelin Notebook show "disconnected" on HDP 2.4 Virtual machine in Azure

New Contributor

I am using HDP 2.4 virtual machine on Azure,able to start Zeppelin service , when browse to http://<Host>:9995. Zeppeline Notebook show 'disconnected'. I tried stop & start, restart Zeppeline Notebook , still facing same issue. 9995 port is up and listening.

Appreciate help on resolving this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Zappelin Notebook show "disconnected" on HDP 2.4 Virtual machine in Azure

@Rafael Coss do you know if anyone has tested the Zeppelin tutorials on an Azure-hosted Sandbox?

Re: Zappelin Notebook show "disconnected" on HDP 2.4 Virtual machine in Azure

I am wondering if the zeppelin-server daemon is up and running; it may not be started by default. Assuming you can 'ssh' into the server where zeppelin is installed, try this command to see if it is running:

ps -ef |grep zeppelin-server

You should see one or more tasks running, and at least one listed as interpreter.sh, which would be the interpreter for the notebook. Also, I believe your notebook is not connected until you select a given notebook. To make sure the interpreter is ready to load the notebook, navigate to the Interpreter tab along the top, find the "spark" interpreter, and click on the "restart" button. Wait for 5 seconds, then go back and reload the notebook to see if it is now connected. Also, try hitting the browser "reload" button to try to start the interpreter.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here