Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Zeppelin not able to run Pig interpreterin Tez mode

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on zeppelin running on a hdp cluster and the zeppelin version is 0.7.3. I configured pig interpreter by manually importing the jars from maven repository. When I run a simple script to load a file and dump the output on console it works properly on local mode by keeping the file in local file system(linux). However when I run on tez mode the script fails with the exception below. The same script works when I run pig on tez mode from cli. I have set HADOOP_CONF_DIR and TEZ_CONF_DIR in zeppelin-env.sh.

The script is:

data = LOAD '/path/sample.txt' as (C1:chararray,C2:chararray,C3:chararray);
b = FILTER data by C1 is not null;
DUMP b;

The Exception is:

org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias b
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:1020)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processDump(GruntParser.java:782)
at org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.PigScriptParser.parse(PigScriptParser.java:383)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:230)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerScript(PigServer.java:781)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerScript(PigServer.java:858)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerScript(PigServer.java:821)
at org.apache.zeppelin.pig.PigInterpreter.interpret(PigInterpreter.java:100)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:97)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer$InterpretJob.jobRun(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:498)
at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:175)
at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.FIFOScheduler$1.run(FIFOScheduler.java:139)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Couldn't retrieve job.
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.store(PigServer.java:1084)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:995)
... 18 more

Please help me with your inputs.
0 REPLIES 0