Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

Zeppelin not able to run Pig interpreterin Tez mode

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on zeppelin running on a hdp cluster and the zeppelin version is 0.7.3. I configured pig interpreter by manually importing the jars from maven repository. When I run a simple script to load a file and dump the output on console it works properly on local mode by keeping the file in local file system(linux). However when I run on tez mode the script fails with the exception below. The same script works when I run pig on tez mode from cli. I have set HADOOP_CONF_DIR and TEZ_CONF_DIR in zeppelin-env.sh.

The script is:

data = LOAD '/path/sample.txt' as (C1:chararray,C2:chararray,C3:chararray);
b = FILTER data by C1 is not null;
DUMP b;

The Exception is:

org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias b
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:1020)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processDump(GruntParser.java:782)
at org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.PigScriptParser.parse(PigScriptParser.java:383)
at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:230)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerScript(PigServer.java:781)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerScript(PigServer.java:858)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerScript(PigServer.java:821)
at org.apache.zeppelin.pig.PigInterpreter.interpret(PigInterpreter.java:100)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:97)
at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer$InterpretJob.jobRun(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:498)
at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:175)
at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.FIFOScheduler$1.run(FIFOScheduler.java:139)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Couldn't retrieve job.
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.store(PigServer.java:1084)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:995)
... 18 more

Please help me with your inputs.
0 REPLIES 0