Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Zeppelin notebook - hive interpreter not found

zeppelinenotebook1.png

jdbconfig.png

Hi, I am following tutorial- lab5 on spark and I am on the zeppelin step where i should create a notebook and execute the "show tables" from hive.

I am facing a problem of interpreter not found. I check the JDBC interpreter which contains hive for me it is OK.

I have just change the port il the "hive.url" parameter but still facing the same problem as shown on the picture

could you please confirm me if the configuration In jdbc intepreter is correct?

Thanks a lot !

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Zeppelin notebook - hive interpreter not found

@Oriane

Please use %jdbc(hive) instead of %hive.

Also it might not work out of the box.Please verify if it works. Otherwise depending upon the HDP version you are using and your cluster configurations (secured? wire encrypted?), you will need to do some config settings on jdbc interpreter. If you can give me those details, I can help you get going.

Hi @Kshitij

I have tried %jdbc but have the same problem with this config jdbconfig.png

Concerning my environment I am learning with Hadoop tutorial so my environment is a sanbox running HDP 2.5

I have intalled git bash to ssh the server. I sometimes use the web ssh through the port 4200

I am on the step :' lab 4 - spark risk analysis...' and face this problem of interpreter.

I have not upddate jdbc config , line "hive url" , I verify in ambari and this url is the same as in the interpreter jdbc

hiveserver2-url.png

Thanks for your answer

jdbconfig.png

Hi @Kshitij

I have tried %jdbc(hive) jdbcinterpreter.pngbut have the same problem with this config jdbconfig.png

Concerning my environment I am learning with Hadoop tutorial so my environment is a sanbox running HDP 2.5

I have intalled git bash to ssh the server. I sometimes use the web ssh through the port 4200

I am on the step :' lab 4 - spark risk analysis...' and face this problem of interpreter.

I have not upddate jdbc config , line "hive url" , I verify in ambari and this url is the same as in the interpreter jdbc

I found the solution here !

really helpful link !

https://community.hortonworks.com/answers/62776/view.html

Thanks!