Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zeppelin running but process died

Contributor

Hi,

I'm having an issue when starting smartsense activity explorer. I always got a message Zeppelin is Running but process is dead. I tried to restart the zeppelin-daemon.sh but same message.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

@Bruce PerezVerify whether the pid at /var/run/zeppelin/zeppelin.pid is the right one for current zeppelin process. Maybe for some reason it might have the pid of the previous Zeppelin process. Try to update the file with the pid that Zeppelin is currently running as and then start|stop|restart|status to verify if it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star

@Bruce PerezVerify whether the pid at /var/run/zeppelin/zeppelin.pid is the right one for current zeppelin process. Maybe for some reason it might have the pid of the previous Zeppelin process. Try to update the file with the pid that Zeppelin is currently running as and then start|stop|restart|status to verify if it works.

Contributor
@Aditya Pathak

: it seems that there is no zeppelin in my /var/run..

Rising Star

@Bruce Perezthen try /var/run/smartsense-activity-explorer/activity-explorer.pid

Contributor
@Aditya Pathak

It works, I was able to fix the pid issue. But, upon accessing the activity explorer, it still inaccessible.