Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Zeppelin security and integration with Apache Ranger

Highlighted

Zeppelin security and integration with Apache Ranger

Contributor

I am using Zeppelin 0.6 and hdp 2.4.2 and i am working on a live projecct , we have some user specific Notebook but we are not finding a way to restrict the user to a particular schema in hive. We don't have LDAP authentication but still wanted to implement such security . We are looking out a way in which user can be restricted for some of the databases or Schemas using Apache Ranger.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Zeppelin security and integration with Apache Ranger

you can use Ranger for the security at the hive level. here you can install ranger and enable ranger hive plugin , and you can user unix/file based authentication.

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/manage-security-policy-hive-hbase-knox-ranger/

Highlighted

Re: Zeppelin security and integration with Apache Ranger

@bandhu gupta

I am just in the same situation where you have been stuck, we are also looking for an approach to restrict the user to a particular hive schema, table, filed in zeppelin notebook, could I ask if you have found out some good solutions to this problem ? Thanks.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here