Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Zookeeper issues

Zookeeper issues

New Contributor

I can't seem to get zookeeper and hbase to play nice together -- if zookeeper is already running, hbase fires up another instance on port 2182 and croaks. If I shutdown zookeeper hbase refuses to start.  As a corollary, I can only start zookeeper with "/usr/lib/zookeeper/bin/zkServer.sh start".  With service zookeeper-server start, I get persistent connection refused errors.  Configuration is stock install with cloudera debs.  Not sure where to go?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Zookeeper issues

Explorer

Try reverting back to the case where you start zookeeper yourself.  Then make sure the following is in your hbase-env.sh:

export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false

Make sure you also have the following set up to properly point to your quorum, in your hbase-site.xml:

<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
<value>myzookeepernode1,myzookeepernode2,myzookeepernode3</value>
</property>
Bryan Beaudreault
Senior Technical Lead, Data Ops
HubSpot, Inc

New Contributor

Thanks Bryan,  just as follow up, I tried your hints. 

I then got a ConnectionRefused Error between localhost and port 9000 (hbase root.dir in hbase-site.xml ).   

In my hadoop/conf/core-site.xml, I had  fs.default.name = localhost:8400.  I changed this to 9000 and now its working.

Explorer

Glad to hear!  Now the fun begins :)

Bryan Beaudreault
Senior Technical Lead, Data Ops
HubSpot, Inc