Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

access denied putty

Highlighted

access denied putty

New Contributor

Hi,

I have signed up for azure free trial and setup the sandbox. i followed the instructions on how to setup the tunnel and was able to connect to the welcome/splash page yesterday. i'm trying to login now with the same putty setup, but every time i try to login to putty, it says 'access denied'. i have even un-commented the port number in hosts file under windows/system32/driver/etc. any thoughts on resolving this ? i appreciate it

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: access denied putty

Mentor

@jag maroju

I think these are steps you need to do to enable you to connect to Azure or AWS instance.

Note the conversion of pem to ppk a putty recognizable format !!

Please let me know

Highlighted

Re: access denied putty

New Contributor

Hi Geoffrey,

you are super fast ! thank you so much. i appreciate it. since it wasn't working, i commented the 127.0.0.1 ( this doesn't seem logical, but i never knew how it logged me in :-) ) in the hosts file and then it logged me in after 20 unsuccessful attempts. i will try the steps in the doc that you have sent and hopefully i don't have to try so many attempts

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here