Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

adding host in install option in ambari is not working..after registration and confirm its took lot of time..

Re: adding host in install option in ambari is not working..after registration and confirm its took lot of time..

Expert Contributor

@rama I've updated the command for ubuntu. Please try now.

Re: adding host in install option in ambari is not working..after registration and confirm its took lot of time..

Rising Star

Thank you so much for suggestion@Manish Gupta i got below again after reinstall ..

ubuntu is my hostname

Warning: Permanently added 'ubuntu' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. Permission denied (publickey,password). SSH command execution finished host=ubuntu, exitcode=255 Command end time 2017-01-01 04:36:47 ERROR: Bootstrap of host ubuntu fails because previous action finished with non-zero exit code (255) ERROR MESSAGE: Warning: Permanently added 'ubuntu' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. Permission denied (publickey,password). STDOUT: Warning: Permanently added 'ubuntu' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. Permission denied (publickey,password).

Rising Star

@Manish Gupta

Any updated on my error?

Expert Contributor

@rama the above error snippet suggests that there might be permission issue with the public ssh key that you upload on this page of the wizard.

Usually in my dev environment I give 600 permission to the ssh key and login in user is the owner of the key

-rw------- 1 Jaimin staff 1.6K Mar 12 2015 /Users/Jaimin/insecure_private_key

New Contributor

Cuando introduces el host en Ambari pones 'localhost'?