Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

New Contributor

I am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

I am using same workflow for different purpose its working fine and mysql backup shell script is also working fine when i am taking the backup manually.

2016-10-11 17:50:09,685 WARN ShellActionExecutor:523 - SERVER[xxxx] USER[xxx} GROUP[-] TOKEN[] APP[shell-wf] JOB[0000002-161011171249779-oozie-oozi-W] ACTION[0000002-161011171249779-oozie-oozi-W@shell-node] LauncherMapper died, check Hadoop LOG for job [xxxxxx:8050:job_1475169799456_0569]

2 REPLIES 2

Re: am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

Mentor
@khadeer mhmd

Oozie is not a good application to take MySQL backups. It is intended to run as MapReduce job and it can randomly be assigned to any node, MySQL is typically running on a dedicated node. You have to somehow "pin" an Oozie job to a dedicated node to achieve what you're trying to do. Instead, consider your regular choices like setting up cron job.

Re: am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

New Contributor

Thanks

I am using falcon for taking mysql backup with the process and workflow . i figured out the solution.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here