Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

Explorer

I am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

I am using same workflow for different purpose its working fine and mysql backup shell script is also working fine when i am taking the backup manually.

2016-10-11 17:50:09,685 WARN ShellActionExecutor:523 - SERVER[xxxx] USER[xxx} GROUP[-] TOKEN[] APP[shell-wf] JOB[0000002-161011171249779-oozie-oozi-W] ACTION[0000002-161011171249779-oozie-oozi-W@shell-node] LauncherMapper died, check Hadoop LOG for job [xxxxxx:8050:job_1475169799456_0569]

2 REPLIES 2

Re: am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

Mentor
@khadeer mhmd

Oozie is not a good application to take MySQL backups. It is intended to run as MapReduce job and it can randomly be assigned to any node, MySQL is typically running on a dedicated node. You have to somehow "pin" an Oozie job to a dedicated node to achieve what you're trying to do. Instead, consider your regular choices like setting up cron job.

Re: am trying to take MySQL backup using Ozzie workflow(shell action) the workflow is killed after a while.

Explorer

Thanks

I am using falcon for taking mysql backup with the process and workflow . i figured out the solution.