Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

ambari agent distro/conf alert

Highlighted

ambari agent distro/conf alert

Contributor

i have 3 node(a,b,c) cluster.on the node c i have stop all the services and i have delete the host from the cluster.

when i was trying to add the same host(i.e c) to the cluster back it is having some potential errors(packages,folders,etc) after registering the ambari agent. i have cleared the potential warnings and successfully added a host c and few services and clients.and all the services and clients are up and rnning

Now the problem is that i am getting is alert called ambari agent distro/conf alert.

please help me to resolve this.

why it is coming what needs to done to escape from this alert.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: ambari agent distro/conf alert

Super Mentor

@kanna k

Can you please share exactly which alert are you getting?

Or if you can share the ambari-alerts.log and also let us know that on host C what all components were installed?

Contributor

ambari-agent Distro/conf select versions alert

Super Mentor

@kanna k

If you are getting the alert with this message "Ambari Agent Distro/Conf Select Versions" then please check your "/usr/hdp" directory contents in working and non working hosts. You are not supposed to have any extra file or directory inside this directory created by your own apart from the one that comes with HDP installation.

In general this host-level alert is triggered if the distro selector such as hdp-select cannot calculate versions available on this host. This may indicate that /usr/$stack/ directory has links/dirs that do not belong inside of it.

For some versions of ambari this was reported as an issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-20648

New Contributor

Hi I am performing express upgrade from BigInsights4.2.5 to HDP2.6.4 and during express upgrade I am seeing

CRITICAL: Ambari Agent Distro/Conf Select Versionson 

on all the hosts.

I verified in /usr/hdp folder of all hosts and I see "2.6.4.0-91" version on all the hosts.

[root@c902f10x11 hdp]# pwd
/usr/hdp
[root@c902f10x11 hdp]# ls -la
total 8
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root   39 Mar 10 22:12 .
drwxr-xr-x. 18 root root  213 Mar 10 22:12 ..
drwxr-xr-x  34 root root 4096 Mar 10 22:18 2.6.4.0-91
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 Mar 10 22:18 current
[root@c902f10x11 hdp]# 

How this issue can be resolved?..

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi I am performing express upgrade from BigInsights4.2.5 to HDP2.6.4 and during express upgrade I am seeing

CRITICAL: Ambari Agent Distro/Conf Select Versions

on all the hosts.
I verified in /usr/hdp folder of all hosts and I see "2.6.4.0-91" version on all the hosts.

[root@node1 hdp]# pwd/usr/hdp[root@node1 hdp]# ls -latotal 8drwxr-xr-x   4 root root   39 Mar 10 22:12 .drwxr-xr-x. 18 root root  213 Mar 10 22:12 ..drwxr-xr-x  34 root root 4096 Mar 10 22:18 2.6.4.0-91drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 Mar 10 22:18 current[root@node1 hdp]# 

hdp-select versions also returns single version.

[root@node1 hdp]# hdp-select versions
2.6.4.0-91
[root@node1 hdp]# 

How this issue can be resolved to resolve the critical warnings during express upgrade?..

New Contributor

Hi I am performing express upgrade from BigInsights 4.2.5 to HDP 2.6.4 and express upgrade pre-check, I am seeing critical warning "

CRITICAL: Ambari Agent Distro/Conf Select Versions:

on all my hosts.

I did verify in "/usr/hdp" of my hosts and I see files only of HDP 2.6.4.0-91 version

[root@c902f10x09 hdp]# pwd
/usr/hdp
[root@c902f10x09 hdp]# ls -la
total 8
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root   39 Mar 10 22:21 .
drwxr-xr-x. 18 root root  213 Mar 10 22:20 ..
drwxr-xr-x  38 root root 4096 Mar 10 22:27 2.6.4.0-91
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 Mar 10 22:27 current
[root@c902f10x09 hdp]# 

How can I resolve this issue?..