Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ambari agent failed to start and showing the error message "Failed to start ping port listener of: [Errno 98] Address already in use====" Please help me fixing this

Highlighted

ambari agent failed to start and showing the error message "Failed to start ping port listener of: [Errno 98] Address already in use====" Please help me fixing this

New Contributor

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: ambari agent failed to start and showing the error message "Failed to start ping port listener of: [Errno 98] Address already in use====" Please help me fixing this

@Suraj Maritally

The ambari-agent uses port 8670 for the ping port. This may be changed in your configuration. You can check the ping_port parameter in /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini to make sure. Once you've verified that, you will need to see if there is a process listening on that port:

# netstat -antp | grep 1694
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8670                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      1694/python

In this example, process 1694 is listening on that port. You will need to kill the process listening on the port before you can start the ambari-agent:

# ps 1694
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
 1694 ?        Sl   798:24 /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/main.py start
# kill -9 1694

You should then be able to start the ambari-agent process.

Highlighted

Re: ambari agent failed to start and showing the error message "Failed to start ping port listener of: [Errno 98] Address already in use====" Please help me fixing this

Expert Contributor

go to this location

$ambari-agent status

if it listing kill the process and start it.

$kill -9 process id for ambari-agent

$ambari-agent start

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks buddy, worked from my env...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here