Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ambari complains components should be restarted - hive and yarn

Hello,

I am seeing error on ambari it says that hive and yarn components needs to be restarted, but I am not seeing any information in ambari agent log or yarn or hive log. How do I find out why we need to restart these comporents?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anpan K This probably means you made a change on ambari. Ambari gives you this alert so that you know that new configuration needs to be pushed to the nodes. During restart ambari will push the new configuration to the nodes and the alert will disappear - You should restart when possible.

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Anpan K This probably means you made a change on ambari. Ambari gives you this alert so that you know that new configuration needs to be pushed to the nodes. During restart ambari will push the new configuration to the nodes and the alert will disappear - You should restart when possible.

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

@Anpan K Usually upon a saved change/new service install ambari will ask you to restart one or more services.

Ambari is aware that certain actions performed on service Y will require a restart of service X - Hence marks as restart is required.

Why restart is required sometimes requires you to know what have been latest changes performed. Check the services version and see if any changes have been done recently. Or perhaps a new service was added.

HTH

Thank you very much and I understood, but how do I find out what was changed? Any log file can saw whats was changed? Or any messages regarding the config changes?

Thank you very much.