Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ambari: create cluster failed due to timeout

Highlighted

ambari: create cluster failed due to timeout

New Contributor

I am using ambari install wizard to create a cluster on a local cluster environment. I have ubuntu virtual machines, one namenode, two datanode configured correctly. Password less ssh has correctly configured on namenode. Hostname and FQDN correctly configured.

I am using a user account hdp, which has sudo priviledges for registration of datanode hosts. After exactly 5 minutes, the ambari-server.log shows the following:

INFO:root:BootStrapping hosts ['datanode1.local'] using /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server cluster primary OS: ubuntu16 with user 'hdp' sshKey File /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/4/sshKey password File null using tmp dir /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/4 ambari: namdenode.local; server_port: 8080; ambari version: 2.2.2.0; user_run_as: root
INFO:root:Executing parallel bootstrap

Bootstrap process timed out. It was destroyed.

and then the installation failed.

So I checked why it is timeout after exactly 5 minutes, and I found the following information at the beginning of registration:

06 Dec 2016 20:53:57,050  INFO [Thread-86] BSRunner:249 - Host= datanode1.local bs=/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/bootstrap.py requestDir=/var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/3 user=hdp keyfile=/var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/3/sshKey passwordFile null server=namdenode.local version=2.2.2.0 serverPort=8080 userRunAs=root timeout=300

Can anyone tell me why timeout=300 is set for BSRunner? How can I increase it so that it won't timeout? I tried to look for where this is configured in bootstrap.py, property files of ambari-server, and other scripts, but no luck. Anyboby highlight me?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: ambari: create cluster failed due to timeout

Expert Contributor

Hi @Daniel Wang,

I checked this in HDP 2.5 and bootstrap.py have the following set on approx line 40:

HOST_BOOTSTRAP_TIMEOUT = 300

/Best regards, Mats

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here