Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

ambari server on ooze

Explorer

I am trying to setup OOzie in ambari server. I selected MySQL server in oozie config and given credentials then trying to test the connection but I am getting the below error. Please look in to the below error and let me know your suggestions.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 477, in <module> CheckHost().execute() File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 229, in execute method(env) File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 212, in actionexecute raise Fail(error_message) resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Check db_connection_check was unsuccessful. Exit code: 1. Message: ERROR: Unable to connect to the DB. Please check DB connection properties. java.sql.SQLException: The connection string may not be right. Please visit portal for references.

DB connection check started. WARNING: File /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/DBConnectionVerification.jar already exists, assuming it was downloaded before WARNING: File /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/mysql-jdbc-driver.jar already exists, assuming it was downloaded before 2016-10-04 18:07:54,089 - call['/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -cp /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/DBConnectionVerification.jar:/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/mysql-jdbc-driver.jar -Djava.library.path=/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache org.apache.ambari.server.DBConnectionVerification "jdbc:mysql://tyk4a0d5f2.database.windows.net/ooziemetastore" "v344193ee31cb0e4a6ea794888f2d7395e6ooziemetastoreLogin" [PROTECTED] com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'] {} 2016-10-04 18:07:54,493 - call returned (1, 'ERROR: Unable to connect to the DB. Please check DB connection properties.\njava.sql.SQLException: The connection string may not be right. Please visit portal for references.')

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ambari server on ooze

@narender pasunooti

Do you have the HIVE metastore is a different host Than the host running HiveServer2. Permissions on the metastore do not allow connections from the HiveServer2 host.

See for the resolution: https://discuss.pivotal.io/hc/en-us/articles/218434858-HiveServer2-fails-to-start-because-host-is-no...

Re: ambari server on ooze

Explorer

As per the above url, I have checked the connection.password in hive-xml but I didn't found the hive password to configure the hiveserver2.

when I am trying to connect the MySQL from oozie in abmari I am getting the below error. Could you please help me on this asap?

Thanks

Narender

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 477, in <module>
    CheckHost().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 229, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 212, in actionexecute
    raise Fail(error_message)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Check db_connection_check was unsuccessful. Exit code: 1. Message: ERROR: Unable to connect to the DB. Please check DB connection properties.
java.sql.SQLException: The connection string may not be right. Please visit portal for references.

stdout:
DB connection check started.
WARNING: File /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/DBConnectionVerification.jar already exists, assuming it was downloaded before
WARNING: File /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/mysql-jdbc-driver.jar already exists, assuming it was downloaded before
2016-10-05 22:21:10,188 - call['/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -cp /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/DBConnectionVerification.jar:/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/mysql-jdbc-driver.jar -Djava.library.path=/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache org.apache.ambari.server.DBConnectionVerification "jdbc:mysql://tyk4a0d5f2.database.windows.net/ooziemetastore" "v344193ee31cb0e4a6ea794888f2d7395e6ooziemetastoreLogin" [PROTECTED] com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'] {}
2016-10-05 22:21:10,597 - call returned (1, 'ERROR: Unable to connect to the DB. Please check DB connection properties.\njava.sql.SQLException: The connection string may not be right. Please visit portal for references.')

Command failed after 1 tries