Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ambari server reset

ambari server reset

New Contributor

I have a ambari single node cluster.But unfortunately it was reset by mistake ,now i am getting the below page(refer pic attached).

capture.png

how can i revert back my server

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ambari server reset

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

That seems strange. Can you explain and be more precise. Ambari server reset just deletes all the cluster data in Ambari server database and puts default schema. It does not touch any namenode data/binaries.

As it's a single node cluster you don't have much to lose just go ahead and recreate a new cluster. !

A backup copy of your Ambari database is good insurance to keep your Ambari server running. Anytime you make changes to Ambari you should create a backup of the Ambari database before you make the changes. You will want to do this if you need to restore your cluster to the original state

HTH

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton

Thank you for your response.

As i said unexpectedly it is showing above attached page .i.e., it is a displaying a page that when we open ambari UI on 8080 port for the 1st time immediately after setting up the ambari-server .

we didn't took the ambari database backup previously .will it help if we do it now.

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

We usually take backups of a consistent database and I am afraid yours isn't. It would be a good idea to backup the DB after the successful setup of the cluster.
As reiterated the ambari-reset deleted the cluster information in the database. So should maybe create a cron entry to do a daily or on-demand backup of your Ambari database especially after heavy configuration changes

HTH

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Ok! Thank You for your suggestions.
Is there any way to recover the system back in my present situation??

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here