Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ambari-server setup failed

ambari-server setup failed

New Contributor

I installed ambari server but when I run ambari-server setup h=give this error Enter advanced database configuration [y/n] (n)? n Configuring database... Default properties detected. Using built-in database. Configuring ambari database... Checking PostgreSQL... Configuring local database... Configuring PostgreSQL... Backup for pg_hba found, reconfiguration not required Creating schema and user... ERROR: Unexpected OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied!

This figure show the configuration conf.png also the postgresQL service is runing and active.

any help please

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ambari-server setup failed

Contributor

I see a postgreSQL database is already installed & running on your cluster.

If you are planning to use the same database instance for Ambari, follow the steps given in this official document.

You will have to create a database user, grant required privileges and pre-load the Ambari database schema into your PostgreSQL database using the schema script available at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/Ambari-DDL-Postgres-CREATE.sql location.

After performing these pre-requisites you can choose "y" option at Enter advanced database configuration Step and provide required details.

Re: ambari-server setup failed

New Contributor

Please try below steps, it will be resolved.

Step 1.execute below command and try again

chmod 777 /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/Ambari-DDL-Postgres-CREATE.sql

Step 2.copy the Ambari-DDL-Postgres-CREATE.sql to under /pgsql and provide the permission

cp Ambari-DDL-Postgres-CREATE.sql /var/lib/pgsql/

chmod 777 /var/lib/pgsql/Ambari-DDL-Postgres-CREATE.sql

Step 3: still are you facing same issues, please create DB manually for ambari..

If facing any issues share the logs.

tail -f /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

Thank you.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here