Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ambari server start error

Highlighted

ambari server start error

Hi,

I'm new in hadoop, i install ambari but he doesnt start, i have this error : can help please

-bash: /usr/sbin/ambari-server: No such file or directory

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: ambari server start error

Hi Salma,

this error means your ambari-server installation is either not complete or went wrong somewhere .

you can see if ambari package is installed using the command(in cent os) :

yum list installed|grep ambari

This will return the ambari-server version if the installation is complete.

if you cant find the ambari-server in the command , you installation may be went wrong.

you can see the installation of ambari help here : https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.1.0/bk_ambari-installation/content/ch_Getting_R...

Hope this helps for you.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Can you reinstall ambari?

yum remove -y ambari-server

yum install -y ambari-server

Do you get any error during installation?

Highlighted

i remove and reinstall ambari but i find this:

REASON: Ambari Server java process died with exitcode 1. Check /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out for more information.
Highlighted

Hi @salma zegdene,

you can open the log file of ambari and see what is the error ,

log files are in location :

/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log<br>/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out

additionaly you can know the status of ambari-server using the command :

ambari-server status

netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080

netstat command should return 'LISTEN' in port 8080 which means your ambari-server is running in port 8080.

you can also use the search Feature of this community to see similar issues is been faced by other users before once you find the error in the log file.

Hope this helps you .

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@salma zegdene

Have you run the ambari server setup command prior to starting the ambari server?

# ambari-server setup

Highlighted

yes i run the ambari server i have this

Unable to determine server PID. Retrying...
ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1. 
REASON: Ambari Server java process died with exitcode 1. Check /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out for more information.
Highlighted

Expert Contributor

hi @salma zegdene,

Can you check the log /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out do you see any error there?

Highlighted

Hi @salma zegdene,

Can you Please check what is the process id if below file exists and whether the process is running

for ex :

cat /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid

for example my out of abour command is : 31188

ps -aef|grep 31188 

for example my output is this :

root 9277 29706 0 09:19 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto 31188 root 31188 1 18 09:05 pts/1 00:02:39 /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_77/bin/java -server -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -Dsun.zip.disableMemoryMapping=true -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.conf -Djava.security.krb5.conf=/etc/krb5.conf -Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false -cp /etc/ambari-server/conf:/usr/lib/ambari-server/*:/usr/share/java/postgresql-jdbc.jar org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer

Kill the process if there exist a process with process id mentioned in the ambari-server.pid

kill -9 31188

remove the pid file

rm -rf /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid

and restart the ambari server

ambari-server restart

hope this helps

Highlighted

Mentor

@@salma zegdene

Please do include the Ambari version too

can you copy the contents of your /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out in here

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here