Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ambari service on windows

Explorer

Is there any Ambari like service and Editors for PIG and HIVE like Hue in HDP for windows platform.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@charan tej You're correct. HDP on Windows does not support Ambari. You could try using a 3rd party tool such as SQuirreL for Hive or access Hive using SQL Server 2016 Polybase. HiveServer2 accepts ODBC connections.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@charan tej

You have to setup Ambari-Views to achieve this. Please review Ambari Views guide for the same.

Explorer

@vpoornalingam I didn't install through the ambari based Installation so please review the Ambari Views guide link you mentioned. The Prerequisites Clearly say that the Ambari Server Instances should be match. Here I have used HDP 2.4 on Windows Server 2012 which don't have ambari at all

You could install a Standalone Ambari server for the purpose of Ambari View. Please check Standalone Ambari Views server in the Same. There aren't any other solution from HDP which would support your requirement.

Explorer

@vpoornalingam Thanks for replying. My requirement is to use Hortonworks on windows OS but as of my knowledge ambari won't Support the Windows Platform and Hortonworks has released separate Package for windows.

@charan tej You're correct. HDP on Windows does not support Ambari. You could try using a 3rd party tool such as SQuirreL for Hive or access Hive using SQL Server 2016 Polybase. HiveServer2 accepts ODBC connections.

Explorer

@Scott Shaw is there any alternate like Ambari Service for managing in windows?

@charan tej At one point you could use Microsoft System Center to monitor HDP on Windows. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+SCOM+Management+Pack. It looks like it hasn't been updated in awhile. Because of the lack of Ambari and Kerberos, we recommend not running HDP on Windows.