Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

anyone tried using cloudbreak to deploy hdp cluster over esx hosts ?

Highlighted

anyone tried using cloudbreak to deploy hdp cluster over esx hosts ?

New Contributor

Solution do have great potentials for many many situation where server virtualization is common. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: anyone tried using cloudbreak to deploy hdp cluster over esx hosts ?

Rising Star

For private cloud, Cloudbreak can deploy clusters on OpenStack or Mesos. There's currently no option to deploy directly on ESXi. That's a good question and something that I've wanted.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hi @analytic bridge, Currently you are the only one, as i know. I suggest to hire 1 or 2 developers and implement it.

Highlighted

@analytic bridge

Cloudbreak is meant, as its name specifies it, to deploy to Cloud. There is no such thing as ESXi cloud. ESXi is just another virtualization engine. Clouds have a higher level implementation that can plugin multiple virtualization engines. It is a good architecture of a cloud to have that semantic layer in top of the virtualization layer. You can always use Ambari to provision your cluster on VMWare virtualized servers, even that is something to use only for development environments.

You can build your private cloud with openstack or cloudstack using ESXi as a virtualization engine.

A better option for you would be to actually look at docker container deployment with Cloudbreak.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here