Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

bash shell script with impala queries, possible limit of connections allowed?

bash shell script with impala queries, possible limit of connections allowed?

Explorer

A bash script has a few impala queries, similar to this:
 impala-shell -q "use aaaa; select distinct fieldName from table" -o $OUTDIR/OUTFILE.txt &&

When I run this scrip manually it works no matter how many impala queries it has (or I did not hit a limit yet).

However when I schedule the same script via crontab then only first few impala queries run (I think nine), and the rest do not run.

Is there any limitation in the way I run it, any known issues? Perhaps limited number of impala connections? Any configuration tweaks that I could try? Any logs to check? I checked messages and cron logs (no errors). 

Thank you,
Alexei

4 REPLIES 4

Re: bash shell script with impala queries, possible limit of connections allowed?

Contributor

Have you tried running 10 at once manually?

Re: bash shell script with impala queries, possible limit of connections allowed?

Explorer

Yes, even with more than 10, it works when run manually. So it seems as if something is either timing out or simply not allowing more connections?

Highlighted

Explorer

This topic can be closed. The problem was related to some subtleties in Linux environment. 

New Contributor

Hello! Can you please tell me what changes you did on the Linux environment to make it working? I have the same problem :( :(