Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

beeline with LLAP: Error: Bad URL format. Hostname not found in authority part of the url

beeline with LLAP: Error: Bad URL format. Hostname not found in authority part of the url

New Contributor

I have HAProxy running in front of two Interactive instances (yes, I know that running multiple Interactive instances isn't supported, but it works for our use case).

We are not using Kerberos or authentication.

In front of HAProxy, I have KeepAliveD and a "floating IP address":

KeepAliveD      KeepAliveD
     |            |
192.168.1.100     -
             \   /
              \ /
               X
              / \
       HAProxy   HAProxy
             |\ /|
             | X |
             |/ \|
 HS2Interactive HS2Interactive

If I bypass KeepAliveD and hit either of the HAProxy instances directly, it works.

If I hit KeepAliveD using the "floating IP address", it works.

But if I hit the "virtual hostname" associated with the "floating IP address" (and yes, it resolves correctly both forwards and backwards), it throws an error:

[hive@hdp-clients ~]$ beeline -n hive -u "jdbc:hive2://myllapserver:10700" -f test.hql
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://myllapserver:10700
Error: Bad URL format. Hostname not found  in authority part of the url: myllapserver:10700. Are you missing a '/' after the hostname ? (state=,code=0)
0: jdbc:hive2://myllapserver:10700 (closed)> set hive.exec.reducers.max=1;
No current connection

Error: Bad URL format. Hostname not found  in authority part of the url: myllapserver:10700. Are you missing a '/' after the hostname ? (state=,code=0)

Any ideas?