Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

/bin/bash not working in cloudera docker image version 5.13

/bin/bash not working in cloudera docker image version 5.13

New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to run Cloudera Docker image(Version 5.13) in my local docker environment which I imported from the https://downloads.cloudera.com/demo_vm/docker/cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.13.0-0-beta-docker.tar.gz, which is downloaded from the official cloudera site.

When I try to run this container using the command, "docker run --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i -p 8888:8888 -p 80:80  -p 7180:7180 cloudera:5.13 /usr/bin/docker-cloudera", the container starts just fine where as running the image with the command, "docker run --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i -p 8888:8888 -p 80:80  -p 7180:7180 cloudera_latest:5.13 /bin/bash" throws the following error:

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "exec: \"/bin/bash/\": stat /bin/bash/: not a directory": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

when trying to run the Cloudera Docker image(Version 5.7) downloaded from the docker hub, both the commands run fine. Output using /bin/bash/:

U:\>docker run --name=ae_new --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i -p 8888:8888 -p 7180:7180 cloudera_image /bin/bash
[root@quickstart /]# ls
bin boot dev etc home lib lib64 lost+found media mnt opt packer-files proc root sbin selinux srv sys tmp usr var

Note: Both the images are quickstart-VMs.

Could you please suggest me any solution or workaround for running cloudera image 5.13 with /bin/bash?

Thanks in advance.