Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

can I connect HDP sandbox to third party apps?

Explorer

Hi,

There is an application to connect Hive with the the Hadoop ecosystem which I am trying to run with the HDP Sandbox but not been able to do so for sometime now. The functionality has been tested as far as I know I think with a properly established multi-node Hadoop ecosystem by an ex-teammate and since I want to test it and use it again, I was wondering if the sandbox provides such opportunity where a user can actually connect to such third party apps or is it just for testing the Hadoop ecosystem and there are some restrictions which could be causing the issues with the connectivity to third party connectivity?

The process will go like this:

I have a json config file (containing the connectivity and authentication parameters to the third party webapp I am trying to connect to) and a jar file which will run the service to connect the Hive and access it. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

In general, there are no restrictions. You can do whatever you want to with the sandbox. Imaginary is the limit here 😉

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

In general, there are no restrictions. You can do whatever you want to with the sandbox. Imaginary is the limit here 😉