Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

can not open Hive view in Amabri

can not open Hive view in Amabri

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I have create cluster on Cloudbreak for hortonworks data platform on Azure. Initially i have created cluster with 1 master node and 1 worker node. The Hive was running perfectly from Hive view as well as Hive shell.

After that when i added 2 additional worker nodes to the cluster, In Ambari Hive view is not opening and throws below error:

Cannot open a hive connection with connect string jdbc:hive2://xx.xx.xx.xx.xx:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2-hive2;hive.server2.proxy.user=admin

When I try to insert data into Hive table from Hive shell(CLI) the job gets stuck.

Query ID = cloudbreak_20190215071908_8e0a113e-2bfb-488a-95cd-8bacdb45abbd
Total jobs = 1
Launching Job 1 out of 1
Status: Running (Executing on YARN cluster with App id application_1550214881831_0001)

How to resolve this error ?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: can not open Hive view in Amabri

Super Mentor

@heta desai

Which version of Ambari Server (and HDP) are you using?

Can you please share the complete logs specially the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" and Hive View logs based on your Hive View version(1.5 or 2.0) "/var/log/ambari-server/hiveview20/xxxx.log" OR "/var/log/ambari-server/hive-next/xxx.log"

Also please check if you have configured the setup the proxuyser properly in your HDFS configs?

Also please let us know if you see any error in your hiveserver2.log?