Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

can not open Hive view in Amabri

Highlighted

can not open Hive view in Amabri

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I have create cluster on Cloudbreak for hortonworks data platform on Azure. Initially i have created cluster with 1 master node and 1 worker node. The Hive was running perfectly from Hive view as well as Hive shell.

After that when i added 2 additional worker nodes to the cluster, In Ambari Hive view is not opening and throws below error:

Cannot open a hive connection with connect string jdbc:hive2://xx.xx.xx.xx.xx:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2-hive2;hive.server2.proxy.user=admin

When I try to insert data into Hive table from Hive shell(CLI) the job gets stuck.

Query ID = cloudbreak_20190215071908_8e0a113e-2bfb-488a-95cd-8bacdb45abbd
Total jobs = 1
Launching Job 1 out of 1
Status: Running (Executing on YARN cluster with App id application_1550214881831_0001)

How to resolve this error ?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: can not open Hive view in Amabri

Super Mentor

@heta desai

Which version of Ambari Server (and HDP) are you using?

Can you please share the complete logs specially the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" and Hive View logs based on your Hive View version(1.5 or 2.0) "/var/log/ambari-server/hiveview20/xxxx.log" OR "/var/log/ambari-server/hive-next/xxx.log"

Also please check if you have configured the setup the proxuyser properly in your HDFS configs?

Also please let us know if you see any error in your hiveserver2.log?