Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

can't run hive and spark queries on the same node, hive queries are in UNDEFINED state

Highlighted

can't run hive and spark queries on the same node, hive queries are in UNDEFINED state

Hello

Hive and STS are installed and started on the same node, in fact my cluster is a small one to test and has only one node.

But when I try to run hive queries, they are stuck in UNDEFINED state until I kill STS aplication for example.

It seems only one application can be in RUNNING state, any idea what's wrong in my config ?

Here, yarn application -list output

yarn application -list 16/08/17 12:59:57 INFO impl.TimelineClientImpl: Timeline service address: http://xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx:8188/ws/v1/timeline/ 16/08/17 12:59:57 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at xxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxx/xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8050 Total number of applications (application-types: [] and states: [SUBMITTED, ACCEPTED, RUNNING]):2 Application-Id Application-Name Application-Type User Queue State Final-State Progress Tracking-URL application_1470665309808_0005 SparkSQL::xxxxxxxxxxxxx SPARK spark default RUNNING UNDEFINED 10% http://xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxxx:4040 application_1470665309808_0006 HIVE-3621ebc5-ee9d-4113-a88b-291a4a87d5a6 TEZ hive2 default ACCEPTED UNDEFINED 0%

Thanks for help

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: can't run hive and spark queries on the same node, hive queries are in UNDEFINED state

Mentor

Can you confirm your service checks work? If not, please provide your yarn-site.xml and capacity-scheduler.xml

Highlighted

Re: can't run hive and spark queries on the same node, hive queries are in UNDEFINED state

How to check if service checks work ?

Highlighted

@sandrine G

check you configuration of yarn-site.xml and I think resources are not efficient on node to run both.

Highlighted

thanks for your help. Do you know which parameter I have to check in yarn-site.xml ?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here