Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

can't see metrics charts in ambari UI after ambari upgrade from 2.1.2 to 2.5.2

Explorer

Hello,

I have a strange issue and can't figure out why it's happening. I upgraded our ambari cluster from 2.1.2 to 2.5.2. It all went well, but now when I login to ambari UI, I do not see my Metrics charts, it says "No Data". Ambari server log shows errors like these:

05 Jul 2018 08:08:55,516 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-111684] MetricsRequestHelper:115 - Error getting timeline metrics : Read timed out
05 Jul 2018 08:08:55,518 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-111684] MetricsRequestHelper:122 - Cannot connect to collector: SocketTimeoutException for hbmaster03.pod04.dal09.tealeaf.ibmcloud.com.

Collector service hasn't moved, ports hasn't changed, it's all the same as it was before the upgrade.

From the same ambari server, I can see the data with curl command, for example region count report:

curl -H "Accept: application/json" "http://hbmaster03.pod04.dal09.tealeaf.ibmcloud.com:6188/ws/v1/timeline/metrics?metricNames=regionserver.Server.regionCount._avg&hostname=%&appId=hbase"

I have tried setting these but didn't help:

server.timeline.metrics.cache.connect.timeout.millis=60000
server.timeline.metrics.cache.disabled=true
server.timeline.metrics.cache.interval.read.timeout.millis=60000
server.timeline.metrics.cache.read.timeout.millis=60000

Any advice what to try next?

Many thanks!

Marjana

1 REPLY 1

Download Printable Calendar in order to maintain time and other work activities.

Check out August 2018 Calendar Template & September 2018 Calendar Template