Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

can we get rid of refresh symbol in ambari

Highlighted

can we get rid of refresh symbol in ambari

Guru

Team,

Is there anyway to get rid of refresh/restart symbol in ambari if we have restarted that components manually via cli ?

ActuallyI have restarted mysql from command but still its asking me to restart in ambari.

14333-screen-shot-2017-04-03-at-31027-pm.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: can we get rid of refresh symbol in ambari

Super Mentor

@Saurabh

After making changes to the configurations from Ambari the components need to be restarted to take the changes. So that when the affected components are restarted Via Ambari then the changes will be reflected to their configurations.

So try starting those services from ambari UI.

Guru

I agree @Jay SenSharma. I follow the same for any change. But here we have some weird situation, actually we have upgraded mysql from 5.1.7 to 5.6 and renamed it to rh-mysqld-5.6 so when we try to restart hive services via ambari then it is failing with mysqld not found error. We know this error and going to resolve soon by renaming to original mysqld.

But meanwhile we restart this service manually and it is working fine. So I would say there is no issue but I just don't want that "restart required " in ambari.

So any idea how to do that.

Highlighted

Super Mentor
Highlighted

@Saurabh

Just in case if you're looking for the API to restart required services after configurations, You can use a GET call as @Jay SenSharma mentioned.

http://${AMBARI_HOST}:8080/api/v1/clusters/${CLUSTER_NAME}/host_components?HostRoles/stale_configs=t...			

And if a list of components to be restarted is returned, you can invoke a POST request with a request body as below:

http://${AMBARI_HOST}:8080/api/v1/clusters/${CLUSTER_NAME}/requests 

Request body:

{
	"RequestInfo": {
		"command": "RESTART",
		"context": "Restart all required services",
		"operation_level": "host_component"
	},
	"Requests/resource_filters": [{
		"hosts_predicate": "HostRoles/stale_configs=true"
	}]
}

Note: This API works with Ambari version 2.4+ only.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here