Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

cannot login to ambari admin page

Highlighted

cannot login to ambari admin page

I've updated admin user's passwd via postgres. restarted admin-server and saw that it's running, however i can not login to admin page via admin / admin user and passwd.

URL and error message is below:

http://192.168.1.27:8080/#/login

Unable to sign in. Invalid username/password combination.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: cannot login to ambari admin page

Super Mentor

@Mert Acikgoz

Can you please confirm the following:

1. Have you run the following Exact SQL query to reset the ambari credentials for admin user to "admin" (following is the encrypted value of 'admin' password, We can not use plain text). Followed by ambari server restart.

UPDATE ambari.users SET user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00' WHERE user_name='admin';

2. Do you see any Error or Warning in the ambari server logs?

3. From the client machine where you are using the browser are you able to telnet ambari server host & port? This is because sometimes the browser shows us the cached login page.

# from client machin (browser machine)
# telnet   $AMBARI_HOSTNAME    8080
# telnet   $AMBARI_IPAddress   8080

4. Have you already tried opening the browser in "Private Window" (Firefox) in Google Chrome in "Incognito Mode"

Highlighted

any update?

Highlighted

can you see my updates?

Highlighted

1. Have you run the following Exact SQL query to reset the ambari credentials for admin user to "admin" (following is the encrypted value of 'admin' password, We can not use plain text). Followed by ambari server restart. UPDATE ambari.users SET user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00' WHERE user_name='admin'; --MA yes, executed the query. 2. Do you see any Error or Warning in the ambari server logs? --MA no logs.. 3. From the client machine where you are using the browser are you able to telnet ambari server host & port? This is because sometimes the browser shows us the cached login page. --MA the error message is "invalid username / password", so there is not an access problem i guess. --MA I've already tried to access the page via internet explorer browser and the result was the same. # from client machin (browser machine) # telnet $AMBARI_HOSTNAME 8080 # telnet $AMBARI_IPAddress 8080 4. Have you already tried opening the browser in "Private Window" (Firefox) in Google Chrome in "Incogn

Highlighted

1. Have you run the following Exact SQL query to reset the ambari credentials for admin user to "admin" (following is the encrypted value of 'admin' password, We can not use plain text). Followed by ambari server restart. UPDATE ambari.users SET user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00' WHERE user_name='admin'; --MA yes, executed the query.

2. Do you see any Error or Warning in the ambari server logs? --MA no logs..

3. From the client machine where you are using the browser are you able to telnet ambari server host & port? This is because sometimes the browser shows us the cached login page.

--MA the error message is "invalid username / password", so there is not an access problem i guess.

--MA I've already tried to access the page via internet explorer browser and the result was the same. # from client machin (browser machine) # telnet $AMBARI_HOSTNAME 8080 # telnet $AMBARI_IPAddress 8080

4. Have you already tried opening the browser in "Private Window" (Firefox) in Google Chrome in "Incognito Mode"

--MA the error message is "invalid username / password", so there is not an access problem i guess.

Highlighted

are you there? will you answer me?

Highlighted

additionally,

C:\Users\merta>telnet $AMBARI_IPAddress 8080 Connecting To $AMBARI_IPAddress...Could not open connection to the host, on port 8080: Connect failed

C:\Users\merta>telnet $AMBARI_HOSTNAME 8080 Connecting To $AMBARI_HOSTNAME...Could not open connection to the host, on port 8080: Connect failed

but C:\Users\merta>telnet 192.168.1.27 8080 is working..

and with incognito mode, still receiving the same error..

Highlighted

is there anyone there? is this community working?

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Mert Acikgoz

I can think of 2 things at this point:

1. Either your password reset command is not committed to the Database. (usually "auto-commit' happens on postgres) but better to check if the SQL queries are actually committed or not? OR ambari server is not restarted after making DB changes.

2. Your Ambari Database may be different and you might be making changes to other DB. We can check the ambari.properties file to see if the DB is default or remote.

# grep 'jdbc' /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties 
server.jdbc.connection-pool=internal
server.jdbc.database=postgres
server.jdbc.database_name=ambari
server.jdbc.postgres.schema=ambari
server.jdbc.user.name=ambari
server.jdbc.user.passwd=${alias=ambari.db.password}