Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

clear health alert

clear health alert

New Contributor

I had a health alert in the cloudera manager (CM 4.7.2) after our nameNode was restarted (NameNoid connectivity problems) on all my data nodes.  I am able to clear the alert by a restart but instead of restarting all my datanodes is there a way to clear the alert?

thanks,

liam

3 REPLIES 3

Re: clear health alert

Master Collaborator

@liam821 Can you clarify what you mean by "clear the health alert"?  In Cloudera Manager, once the error condition goes away, the health should be returned to a good status automatically in CM.  You should not have to do anything to reset the health state of the service.  What alert are you referring to?

New Contributor
@clint Each of my datanodes are in a "bad health status" because our namenode was restarted. I can restart the datanode which clears the alerts and then returns to "healthy" but I would like to not have to restart every node to return the datanode to healthy.

As far as I can tell everything is working fine - i've reviewed the logs etc - but the "namenode connectivity program" from two weeks ago does not automatically clear in CM.

Master Collaborator

Thanks for follow up.  What version of CDH is this?  Also, do you have HA namenodes enabled with failover, etc?  When you say you restarted the NN, this would bring the cluster down anyway, without HA, so I'm just trying to better understand the situation you're seeing.  I believe there's a known issue where DNs will log a warning message about the primary NN after a failover event, but it was a red herring message and should not affect CM's health checks. 

Are you sure that HDFS is actually working after the restart?  Can you write data or "copyToLocal" a file from HDFS to your local filesystem?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here