Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cloudbreak and openstack newtron

Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to use cloudbreak to manage my openstack newton but I need a Floating IP pool ID for that, now as far as I know Openstack neutron does not support Floating IP pools.

Question 1: is there a workaround about this?

Question 2: I was wondering how do you do it in mikata as it also uses neutron?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi,

You can leave the floating IP pool empty and Cloudbreak will use the private ip's assigned to the instances. The only requirement in this case that Cloudbreak must be able to reach the instances by this IP (either through VPN or CB can be deployed into the same virtual network..)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hi,

You can leave the floating IP pool empty and Cloudbreak will use the private ip's assigned to the instances. The only requirement in this case that Cloudbreak must be able to reach the instances by this IP (either through VPN or CB can be deployed into the same virtual network..)

Explorer

thank you @khorvath, waht about support for openstack newton? is there any plan to support it?

Super Collaborator

You can see the supported versions here: http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/latest/openstack/ Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to test it with newton, but most likely it works with that version too.