Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

cloudera manager always rewrite yum repo config and then goes to internet to download CDH rpms

cloudera manager always rewrite yum repo config and then goes to internet to download CDH rpms

New Contributor

I mirrored Cloudera Manager repo and CDH repo locally in our local network.

Then I installed Cloudera manager on server (with cloudera-manager.repo and cloudera-cdh5.repo pointing to my mirroed local repo), for this step it does install from my local mirrored repo.

Then I connect to 7180 port with my browser, and begin to config and install. At the install step it is found that cloudera manager overwrite my local repo.conf under /etc/yum.repos.d/ and points back to internet again (archives.cloudera.com/.....). and so all CDH RPMs are downloading again and again. This is time consuming, and also put load and bills on cloudera network.

Is this phenomena supposed behavior, or is there a trick, config file, or something similar we need to toggle with? Thanks a lot.

How to duplicate:  Just do a fresh CM installation on redhat/centos box, with a local mirror of CDH5 and CM5 repos.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: cloudera manager always rewrite yum repo config and then goes to internet to download CDH rpms

There's a step where you can configure which repository the CM Agents will read from. The default is something like "Matched release of Cloudera Manager" which you do not want. You need to have this point to your local mirrored repository.

You also need to customize your parcel repository to point to your internal mirror so CDH binaries will come from the right place. There's a place in the wizard that lets you customize these, on the page where you're saying what version to install.

Thanks,
Darren

Re: cloudera manager always rewrite yum repo config and then goes to internet to download CDH rpms

Explorer

Is there any way to select local repository for a packaged based installation ?