Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

cloudera-manager-installer.bin ( cloudera 5.4.0) installation blocked

cloudera-manager-installer.bin ( cloudera 5.4.0) installation blocked

New Contributor

Hello, I have a problem with the installation of cloudera-manager-installer.bin 

I'm getting mad ! please help, 

I used theses commands to install it: 

Spoiler

wget http://archive.cloudera.com/cm5/installer/5.4.0/cloudera-manager-installer.bin

chmod u+x cloudera-manager-installer.bin

sudo ./cloudera-manager-installer.bin

the first time I could install it but with some errors, then I delete every thing and try again :/  !!

next,

the installation starts but after some minuts it is blocked, I tried to let the installation all the night but it is not charging :( 
I uninstall cloudera and try again, but it's as before blocked, I verify the file var/log/cloudera-manager-installer, 
I found only 4 files:

Spoiler
0.check-selinux.log , 1.install-repo-pkg.log , 2.install-oracle-j2sdk1.7.log ; 3.install-cloudera-manager-server.log 

I made 4GO, RAM in vmware,

any solutions plz? 

can I install each file apart ? 

thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: cloudera-manager-installer.bin ( cloudera 5.4.0) installation blocked

New Contributor

now I get this: 

failed.PNG

Expert Contributor

Hi Souad,

You are following the correct directions.   I believe your issue is with a VM that does not have enough RAM.  4GB may not be enough.

Try 15GB or 20GB

BTW - The cloudera-manager-installer.bin file will always install the latest released version of CM.   Even though you downloaded the 5.4.0 file, it will install 5.14.1

Good Luck - Tina

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hello Tina, thank you for your comment. 

when I used 4G RAM for both master and slave the two virtual machines blocked on the login screen and don't let me loging in, and someone told me to use less than 4G to be able to run the 2 machines ( I did it and now I can acces) 

I give 4G for the master and 2G for the slave,

maybe I'm not able to use the cloudera manager ? (I have a dell 64bit, 8G RAM, 1TO disk )

can I install hadoop manually and get all the components (hdfs, datanode, namenode...) !!

sorry, this is the first time I try to install it (my thesis), I don't have to much info.

thank you.

Expert Contributor

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/rn_consolidated_pcm.html#conc...

Explains resource requirements.   It says 4GB should be OK.  

What does the /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer/3.install-cloudera-manager-server.log    Say?

Tina