Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

connection refused - AWS (HDPCD practice exam) : getting this error eventhouth i restarted ambari-agent

Rising Star

Hi there,

I'm trying to work with AWS for HDPCD practice exam. I ran " hdfs dfs -ls / " cmd on the terminal and getting " connection refused error". I could see all the services are not running and displays with red colour rectangle icon. I ran the below command

ssh root@namenode

password: hadoop

service ambari-agent restart

exit

~/start-all-services.sh

but, no services are running except Zookeeper and Ganglia services. Please let me know to solve this issue. Thanks! @rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
30 REPLIES 30

Master Mentor

@rich Tagging

Master Mentor

@Jeeva Jeeva Thanks for tagging @rich

Master Mentor

you need to manage services via Ambari UI http://hostname:8080 with user "admin" password "admin". Start services that way not through script. @Jeeva Jeeva

Rising Star

Hi Artem Ervits ,

Thanks for your reply.. I tried through ambari starting the services, but doesn't work...

Guru

Email me your public dns and I can take a look. certification@hortonworks.com

Master Mentor

@rich Please publish an article on the fix for future references.

Rising Star

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply, the public dns changes every time whenever i login to. If you are available now, i'll login to aws and send you the dns. Please let me know if you are available now. @rich

Guru
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Rising Star

Hi there,

@rich

@Guilherme Braccialli

I'm have scheduled my HDPCD exam next week. I couldn't practice exam in AWS since there are no services running except Ganglia and ZooKeeper. I tried the below commands, but no use.

ssh root@namenode

##password is: hadoop

service ambari-agent restartexit./start_all_services.sh

I even tried through ambari to start  the services, i can see the progress in green and ultimately ends with red color triangle. Please help me, so that i can practice the exam prior to my original one. I checked even if firewall status is turned off.If you're available, please try to login the instance and see the error. Thanks in advance... @rich