Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

connection to hiveserver2 failing

Highlighted

connection to hiveserver2 failing

Master Collaborator

I just installed HDP 3.1 but hive server is showing the following alert

Connection failed on host hadoop2.tolls.dot.state.fl.us:10000 (Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/3.0/services/HIVE/package/alerts/alert_hive_thrift_port.py", line 204, in execute
    ldap_password=ldap_password)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/functions/hive_check.py", line 84, in check_thrift_port_sasl
    timeout_kill_strategy=TerminateStrategy.KILL_PROCESS_TREE,
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/base.py", line 166, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 263, in action_run
    returns=self.resource.returns)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 72, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 102, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep, timeout_kill_strategy=timeout_kill_strategy, returns=returns)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 150, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 314, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'beeline -n hive -u 'jdbc:hive2://hadoop2.tolls.dot.state.fl.us:10000/;transportMode=binary'  -e ';' 2>&1 | awk '{print}' | grep -i -e 'Connected to:' -e 'Transaction isolation:'' returned 1. 
)
6 REPLIES 6

Re: connection to hiveserver2 failing

Master Collaborator
hiveserver2 is started and following properties are set hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.groups

hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.hosts

hadoop.proxyuser.hive.groups

hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts

hadoop.proxyuser.livy.groups

hadoop.proxyuser.livy.hosts

hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups

hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts

Master Collaborator

can someone please help?

I reinstalled both hive and spark2 but still its complaining

Mentor

@Sami Ahmad

Can you share the logs and some vital information like OS, version, number of nodes and any documentation that you might have followed?

It seems I was you started a new thread so we have no history, ping me on linkedin too

HTH

Master Collaborator

Geoffrey how can I find you on LinkedIn?

Mentor

@Sami Ahmad

I see many Sami Ahmad Linkedin which one?

Mentor

@Sami Ahmad

Was this issue resolved?