Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

creating pig or Hive script in HDPCD certification exam

Contributor

Hi, I have enrolled for HDPCD exam for next week.Just wanted to understand how to create the .pig or .hive files in actual HDPCD exam? Will we have access to gedit editor or need to do it in VI editor which is not user friendly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Neeraj Joshi

You will have access to both VI and gedit editor. You may choose either one to write your script.

Due to time constraint and the poor exam interface, I also chose to write in gedit instead of VI.

I wrote the exam yesterday and I do not think this will change anytime soon 🙂

You may want to get your feet wet by writing the practice exam provided on AWS.

This will give you a feel of the actual exam environment.

Best of luck for your exam.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

VI is great! 🙂

but you will be able to use gedit. You don't have to create .hql or .pig scripts. When it says "script" - it means you must mention each and every step you do in order to get your task done. You will also be given file names in which you need to save your code/script, so you won't need to spend your time on thinking about naming convention. 🙂

Good luck!

@Neeraj Joshi

You will have access to both VI and gedit editor. You may choose either one to write your script.

Due to time constraint and the poor exam interface, I also chose to write in gedit instead of VI.

I wrote the exam yesterday and I do not think this will change anytime soon 🙂

You may want to get your feet wet by writing the practice exam provided on AWS.

This will give you a feel of the actual exam environment.

Best of luck for your exam.

Contributor

Thank you Dinesh and Berezitsky for your response.....I am not unix guy so was little concerned about editor....

You're welcome. Could you kindly accept my answer if I have answered your question adequately?

Thank you!