Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

disaster recovery using ambari blueprints

Highlighted

disaster recovery using ambari blueprints

I am thinking of setting up a DR cluster in cloud using ambari blueprints.

These are my thoughts. Get the configuration of the running cluster using the ambari blueprint api. Can i get the blueprint of a running cluster which was not installed through blueprints?

I tried the following command

curl -s -u admin:admin -H “X-Requested-By: Ambari” -X GET http://FQDN:8080/api/v1/clusters/:zlakecluster01?format=blueprint

I am getting the entire configuration including the properties like the following

"properties" : { 7 "autopurge.purgeInterval" : "24", 8 "dataDir" : "/u01/hadoop/zookeeper", 9 "autopurge.snapRetainCount" : "30", 10 "clientPort" : "2181", 11 "initLimit" : "10", 12 "tickTime" : "2000

Is it good to have all these properties , while creating the DR cluster or just the only required components/services as shown in the examples available.

is there a command to get the host mapping details using ambari api?

IS this approach a good one to create a DR cluster?

Regards

Arun

1 REPLY 1

Re: disaster recovery using ambari blueprints

Hi @ARUNKUMAR RAMASAMY,

The command that you have used is the correct command to export a cluster as a Blueprint.

A cloud cluster can indeed be used to create a DR cluster. You have to implement replication between your cluster and the DR cluster in the cloud.

You can check these threads for replication options

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here