Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

error in storm

error in storm

New Contributor

Hello, I have a problem in storm, i'm sure that the storm topology is correct because at first i can see the data streaming from spout to bolt , but after a few seconds an error of kind 'shutdown in progress' apppears and everything is stopped.

Thank you for any help. This is the error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at kafka.metrics.KafkaMetricsGroup$class.newTimer(KafkaMetricsGroup.scala:52) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseMetrics.newTimer(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:25) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseMetrics.<init>(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:26) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStats.<init>(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:37) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$anonfun$2.apply(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:50) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$anonfun$2.apply(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:50) at kafka.utils.Pool.getAndMaybePut(Pool.scala:61) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$.getFetchRequestAndResponseStats(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:54) at kafka.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(SimpleConsumer.scala:39) at kafka.javaapi.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(SimpleConsumer.scala:34) at storm.kafka.DynamicPartitionConnections.register(DynamicPartitionConnections.java:60) at storm.kafka.PartitionManager.<init>(PartitionManager.java:64) at storm.kafka.ZkCoordinator.refresh(ZkCoordinator.java:98) at storm.kafka.ZkCoordinator.getMyManagedPartitions(ZkCoordinator.java:69) at storm.kafka.KafkaSpout.nextTuple(KafkaSpout.java:135) at org.apache.storm.daemon.executor$fn__5136$fn__5151$fn__5182.invoke(executor.clj:647) at org.apache.storm.util$async_loop$fn__553.invoke(util.clj:484) at clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:22) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:66) at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:211) at com.yammer.metrics.Metrics.<clinit>(Metrics.java:21)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: error in storm

did you miss anything in stacktrace, do you have any error/exception around this exception stating why Initializer fail?

Re: error in storm

New Contributor

sorry i can't understand which file should i verify ?