Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

error pid file tagsync

Explorer

Hey, folks,

I have a problem, I just Kerberizar my installation of my cluster in horton but I get an error that can not create a PID, try to do it by hand but delete the file and gives error. could give me a help.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/3.0/services/RANGER/package/scripts/ranger_tagsync.py", line 133, in <module> RangerTagsync().execute() File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 355, in execute self.execute_prefix_function(self.command_name, 'post', env) File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 382, in execute_prefix_function method(env) File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 424, in post_start raise Fail("Pid file {0} doesn't exist after starting of the component.".format(pid_file)) resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Pid file /var/run/ranger/tagsync.pid doesn't exist after starting of component.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Error shows that pid file is not created after starting tagsync component. This probably would mean tagsync is not started or it failed after successful execution of tagsync start script. 

Details about tagsync failure should be logged in tagsync.log and tagsync.out. Please review those files or post here if any exceptions in those file for further assistance. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Error shows that pid file is not created after starting tagsync component. This probably would mean tagsync is not started or it failed after successful execution of tagsync start script. 

Details about tagsync failure should be logged in tagsync.log and tagsync.out. Please review those files or post here if any exceptions in those file for further assistance. 

Explorer

Thank you very much.

It helped me to find the error, in the end my provider had in the DC a schedule different from the host. synchronize and work.

Greetings