Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

fail to schedule PROCESS (in Falcon web UI)

Highlighted

fail to schedule PROCESS (in Falcon web UI)

Explorer

There's a problem to run cleanseEmailProcess schedule. (HDB Sandbox version: Hadoop 2.3.2)

During exercise with falcon tutorial(process data pipeline with apache falcon), I failed to run schedule PROCESS.

There's no problem to run schedule FEED, it's only PROCESS schedule issue.

And, Could you tell me command line API to run schedule PROCESS?

<<web ui notification message:>>

Default/ org.apache.falcon.FalconWebException: org.apache.falcon.FalconException

Entity schedule failed for PROCESS: rowEmailIngestProcess.

thank you. :)

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: fail to schedule PROCESS (in Falcon web UI)

Expert Contributor

@Hanna Lee Can you please provide the falcon application logs to debug why PROCESS entity scheduling failed. Logs will be available in /var/log/falcon/ on sandbox.

Here is the CLI to schedule the process entity on sandbox.

$ falcon entity -submitAndSchedule -type process -file <process entity xml file>

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Hanna Lee

Please check Process name, it should be

rawEmailIngestProcess

In error which you have posted it shows rowEmailIngestProcess.

Also check for errors in /var/log/falcon/falcon.application.log

As you are facing "E1004: Expression language evaluation error. Unable to evaluate: ${now(0,0)}:" try restarting oozie server so that Expression language evaluation libraries are added.

Highlighted

Explorer

sandbox-application-log.jpg

The error message is "E1004: Expression language evaluation error. Unable to evaluate: ${now(0,0)}:

Please check detailed log message in attached application log file.

Thank you! ^^

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

I did faced same issue. Restarting oozie solved the problem. Please restart services which are showing stale configuration.

Explorer

I restarted Oozie, Falcon server, but still has problem to schedule process. (and same error message)

Is there any other solution?

please help me.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor
Highlighted

Rising Star

@Rahul Pathak is correct. @Hanna Lee : Please follow instructions at Please use information at https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4/bk_installing_manually_book/content/configu... and ensure Oozie is set up correctly for Falcon. Please let us know if this solved the issue.

Highlighted

Explorer

@Balu I followed instructions but still have a problem.

error message is here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Validate DB Connection SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings. SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/oozie/libserver/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.6.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/oozie/lib/slf4j-simple-1.6.6.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation. SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.oozie.service.Services). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly. log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info. Error: Could not connect to the database: org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0100: Could not initialize service [org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService], could not find hadoop configuration directory: /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/conf/$hadoopConfDir1 Stack trace for the error was (for debug purposes): -------------------------------------- java.lang.Exception: Could not connect to the database: org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0100: Could not initialize service [org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService], could not find hadoop configuration directory: /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/conf/$hadoopConfDir1 at org.apache.oozie.tools.OozieDBCLI.validateConnection(OozieDBCLI.java:955) at org.apache.oozie.tools.OozieDBCLI.createDB(OozieDBCLI.java:190) at org.apache.oozie.tools.OozieDBCLI.run(OozieDBCLI.java:128) at org.apache.oozie.tools.OozieDBCLI.main(OozieDBCLI.java:79) Caused by: org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0100: Could not initialize service [org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService], could not find hadoop configuration directory: /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/conf/$hadoopConfDir1 at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.parseConfigDirs(HadoopAccessorService.java:231) at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.loadHadoopConfigs(HadoopAccessorService.java:247) at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.init(HadoopAccessorService.java:148) at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.init(HadoopAccessorService.java:107) at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.setServiceInternal(Services.java:386) at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.setService(Services.java:372) at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.loadServices(Services.java:305) at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.init(Services.java:213) at org.apache.oozie.tools.OozieDBCLI.getJdbcConf(OozieDBCLI.java:177) at org.apache.oozie.tools.OozieDBCLI.createConnection(OozieDBCLI.java:943) at org.apache.oozie.tools.OozieDBCLI.validateConnection(OozieDBCLI.java:951) ... 3 more --------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

should I make hadoopConfDir directory to schedule process?

please check it again, thank you!

Highlighted

Explorer

I removed $hadoopConfDir1 and wrote the directory name "hadoop-conf".

And then oozie server starts normally, and falcon server successes to schedule process!!!

thank you so much. ^^

Don't have an account?