Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

failed to get oozie log in hue

failed to get oozie log in hue

Expert Contributor

as CDHer knows, when you execute workflow like hive , sqoop, you can see the oozie log in the hue, even the job finished.

but recently, i just can see oozie log when the job is running, if the job has been finished,, there is no any log.

i don;t know why,. i has changed some parameter, but all of changes just for memory or other performance parameter, no log paramter changes,.

anybody knows this iisue plase give me sme advises if  you have this kind expericnece, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: failed to get oozie log in hue

Expert Contributor
give you some message for debug:

when i click stdout, there just show me :

Log Upload Time: Fri Jan 08 19:25:15 +0800 2016

Log Length: 0

Cloudera Supporter, why the log Length is 0? any parameter can change it's back

Expert Contributor

Hi, CDH supporter,  could you give me some advises, why the oozie logs can't find in job browse after the job finished, but i can find it when the job is in running state.

Explorer

When a job goes to completed state, logs are moved from the local node to Job history server. 

Is your 'mapreduce.jobhistory.max-age-ms' set to '0' in yarn configuration in CM ?

Expert Contributor

got resolved.

i think this is a bug,  i have chaged reduce vcore to 2 from 1, then i can't see the logs.  after check all the change history, i really don't believe this change will cause log disapper, so i didn';t change it back. at last i have no any idea, then change it's back to 1, it's ok now.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here