Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

flow file not detecting on start

flow file not detecting on start

Explorer

I copied flow.xml.gz in the conf directory and restarted the nifi. It is not detecting it. Don't know what goes wrong here. And the big thing is there is not such error in nifi-app.log and nifi-bootstrap.log file. What can we do?

I am sure flow.xml.gz is not corrupted as the same file is working if I upload it in the other instance of nifi. Is there any difference while running nifi as service or as process(nifi.sh start).

1 REPLY 1

Re: flow file not detecting on start

Hello @Kapil Kaushik!
Did you check the path for the flow file of this specific node? If not, could you check with the following steps?

#First identify where is the location of your nifi.properties being used by nifi process
[root@node2 ~]# ps -ef | grep -i nifi.properties
nifi     1319462 1319414  4 Sep07 ?        06:23:51 /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/bin/java -classpath /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/javax.servlet-api-3.1.0.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.25.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/nifi-nar-utils-1.5.0.3.1.2.0-7.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/jetty-schemas-3.1.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/jul-to-slf4j-1.7.25.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.25.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/nifi-properties-1.5.0.3.1.2.0-7.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/logback-classic-1.2.3.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/logback-core-1.2.3.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/nifi-api-1.5.0.3.1.2.0-7.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/nifi-framework-api-1.5.0.3.1.2.0-7.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/slf4j-api-1.7.25.jar:/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/nifi-runtime-1.5.0.3.1.2.0-7.jar -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.disablejsr199=true -Xmx512m -Xms512m -Dambari.application.id=nifi -Dambari.metrics.collector.url=http://node4:6188/ws/v1/timeline/metrics -Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=true -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dsun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseG1GC -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol -Dnifi.properties.file.path=/usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf/nifi.properties -Dnifi.bootstrap.listen.port=45115 -Dapp=NiFi -Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.log.dir=/var/log/nifi org.apache.nifi.NiFi -K /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf/sensitive.key
#Then let's check the config which says where's the flow.xml.gz should be
[root@node2 ~]# cat /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf/nifi.properties | grep -i flow.xml
nifi.flow.configuration.file=/var/lib/nifi/conf/flow.xml.gz
After getting the path used for the flow.xml, try to replace it with your healthy flow.xml.gz.
Hope this helps!
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here